How is SPAN involved?
- SPAN works with neighborhoods to review petition in terms of zoning classification, density, architectural elements, traffic or landscaping improvements.
- SPAN works with neighborhood leaders to evaluate potential impact on their neighborhood and greater SouthPark community.
- SPAN advocate on behalf of members for additional improvements or changes to project to ensure highest standards are met.
Rezoning Activity – 2019
2019-020 – This 4.5 acre site at the NE corner of Fairview and Park Rd. The Petitioner is requesting that current R-3 and R-22 rezoning be changed to UR-3 CD to allow up to 115 for sale and age restricted apartments. The community meeting has been deferred.
Construction Update (7/20/19)
- The following projects are under construction: AC Marriott, the Apex (Childress Klein), the Hazel (Zom Living), the Barclay at SouthPark (Liberty Health Care).
- Sharon Towers has begun site work to create a temporary entrance road and re-align the intersection with Sharon View. They also are installing a new main storm water drain further back on their campus.Building construction to begin in 2020.
- The Colony (Synco Properties) has sent notice to vacate apartments to residents. Once residents are out, they will begin demolition of the 80+ existing buildings and construction of phase One. The initial phase will include 280,000 SF of retail (anchored by Publix, Lifetime and 2 other large tenants that together total 210,000 SF) and 340 apartment units..
Summary of Rezoning Activity – 2017-2019
- Summary of past rezoning activity can be found here- Summary of Rezoning Activity
- 2000 SouthPark Small Area Plan
- 2016 SouthPark ULI Study
- 2018 SouthPark CNIP Plan
- 2019 Loop Framework Presentation