Below is summary of some key projects SPAN is working on with the city or the SouthPark Coalition.
- SouthPark Municipal District.
- Sharon Towers Park and Mural
- SPAN received a $6,000 grant from city for placemaking mural on Hazelton Dr.
- Sharon Towers has started construction on a .5 acre part adjacent to their complex on Sharon Rd. The park is the first greenspace to be built in SouthPark since Symphony Park was relocated from Sharon Rd to Barclay Downs Dr. There will be a celebration for the new park and mural in the fall.
- SouthPark Magazine Story
- Little Sugar Creek Greenway
- Renovation of Marion Diehl Rec Center was finished winter 2020.
- Renovations at Huntingtowne Farms Park was completed late 2020
- The greenway segment (from 485 to Polk Historic Site) was completed February 2021.
- The greenway segment (Brandywine to Tyvola Road) is under construction by the City of Charlotte with anticipated completion in early 2022.
- The Briar Creek/Little Hope Connector Greenway segment ( that will wind through Marion Diehl Park, connect with Little Sugar Creek Greenway, then move upstream along Briar Creek, under Park Road, and end at Manning Drive) is in design phase..
- Park Rd. Park Improvements.
- Construction on a new Indoor Pavilion at Park Rd. Park will start Spring 2022 with a total budget of $2.8 million.
- SPAN is working with our County Commissioner to fund additional improvements to Park Rd Park that will help connect the park to the Loop and backlot trail as well as improve water quality and infrastructure around the pond.
- 2040 Comprehensive Plan Update and Unified Development Ordinance